Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

HELP ME WITH ERROR

This topic is 5966 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, im a noob to OpenGL programming. This is also my first post here. Ok, I''m writing the code in Dev-C++ because my friend won''t give me back VC++. Ne way, I have done this first tutorials, and everything works fine. Yet when I try to do the texture one, where u texture the cube, I get and error. It compiles fine, yet when it runs a dialog pops up saying "Unkown Error". I can only narrow down that it occurs within the loading of the texture. Is there something wrong in the tut, or can someone help me. Thanks. -------------------------- |FuK| Ghost Face Killa You Got Fucked By Fuk! --------------------------

Well, if U think, that error occures during loading a texture, then just try replacing the texture loading code (if U''re loading bitmaps, replace with TGA''s from NeHe''s lesson25 and vise-versa)...
hope this simple suggestion helps...

If you have a debuger you could use it to trace down the exact line where the error happens....and then you might find out what it is.....and that makes it a little easyer to fix! !!

Take Care!

- -- ---[XaOs]--- -- -

Hey I guess XaOs idea was closet to being what i needed. It boiled down to a) that I was using Dev-C++ b) I switched to VC++
c) the fact that I was using a backup of NeHe''s tut somewhere else on the net that was missing a whole function that was needed, lol. Thanks for trying to help though guys. I appreciate it. It''s nice to have a good community to help you when your starting.

--------------------------
|FuK| Ghost Face Killa
You Got Fucked By Fuk!
--------------------------