• Advertisement

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Blueshift

GL_EXT_vertex_weighting ?

This topic is 6185 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I would like to HW accelerate my realtime skeletal skinning system, and I stumbled over this GL_EXT_vertex_weighting extension. It seems to be rather interesting, but as far as I got it, it can''t weight between more than 2 matrices per vertex ? Now you can''t do serious skin deformation with max. 2 matrix-blends. Is there any HW out there that supports say blending between 4 matrices ? And how to access that feature ? D3D8 supports up to 4 matrices, I think, there must be a way under OGL to do the same ? A.H aka Blueshift

Advertisement
Now that''s what I''d call a nice and complex extension Unfortunately it''s GeForce3 only.
AFAIK, GeForce2 chipsets can hardware blend up to 4 matrices. But the vertex_weighting extension only handles 2. Isn''t there some way of using the 4 matrices on a GeForce2 ?

A.H aka Blueshift

its supportted on all geforce cards not just the geforce3 u need the realease 10 drivers to use it. sorry as ive only got a vanta im not much help with this extension

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!