Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GL_EXT_vertex_weighting ?

This topic is 5965 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I would like to HW accelerate my realtime skeletal skinning system, and I stumbled over this GL_EXT_vertex_weighting extension. It seems to be rather interesting, but as far as I got it, it can''t weight between more than 2 matrices per vertex ? Now you can''t do serious skin deformation with max. 2 matrix-blends. Is there any HW out there that supports say blending between 4 matrices ? And how to access that feature ? D3D8 supports up to 4 matrices, I think, there must be a way under OGL to do the same ? A.H aka Blueshift

Now that''s what I''d call a nice and complex extension Unfortunately it''s GeForce3 only.
AFAIK, GeForce2 chipsets can hardware blend up to 4 matrices. But the vertex_weighting extension only handles 2. Isn''t there some way of using the 4 matrices on a GeForce2 ?

A.H aka Blueshift

its supportted on all geforce cards not just the geforce3 u need the realease 10 drivers to use it. sorry as ive only got a vanta im not much help with this extension