Recommend software for managment

Started by
8 comments, last by Inf_229 13 years, 9 months ago
Hi!

I was wondering if any of you can recommend software for my project.

We are already using SVN and have LDAP accounts. What I'm looking for now is software for issue-tracking and internal documentation (as in wiki). I need software that integrates nicely with what we already have.

I intend to run this on a FreeBSD server. PHP+MySQL is preferred but other technologies are acceptable as long as it can be run on FreeBSD.

Any ideas?
Advertisement
We used Trac at work.
Bugzilla and DevTrack are some other options out there.
We use Atlassian's JIRA (issue tracker) and Confluence (Wiki) packages. They're a bit on the pricey side but well worth it - very solid software and well suited to our needs.

Wielder of the Sacred Wands
[Work - ArenaNet] [Epoch Language] [Scribblings]

We use the same as ApochPiQ and they work well.

At the place i used to work, producers would use visio to create and maintain schedules too.
I used RedMine once. I think its pretty good.

I would love to change the world, but they won’t give me the source code.

I use Trac for work, and RedMine for personal projects. From that experience, I'd say RedMine is the better of the two. It takes several plugins to get Trac up to the level of functionality that RedMine offers out of the box. My only issue with it is that it's a Ruby on Rails app - I don't care for the server setup involved.
We've been trying various tools to document our projects. Have tried everything from the Rational Rose suite to a basic Wiki with Visio to write up just the right amount of documentation, use cases and specs. Lately we've adopted a more agile approach to development and wanted some ideas on what you guys use to communicate clearly within your teams and capture some of the thinking and design that goes into your projects.

We're now trying FogBugz with a Creately diagramming plugin that seems to work quite well as its very easy to use, includes a wiki and lets us quickly draw our mockups and flowcharts right there in the browser.
Haven't used it for big projects yet, but pivotal tracker seems to be a a really nice and easily manageable project management tool.
http://www.pivotaltracker.com/
I would definitely go for VisionProject. It is a great software for issue tracking and internal documentation. We just bought it and are really satisfied. The best thing is that it is very good priced compare to all you get.
I'm a big Pivotal Tracker advocate. free, intuitive, and a bunch of reporting tools if you're into graphs.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement