Type universe cannot resolve assembly: SlimDX

Started by
3 comments, last by wlastas 12 years, 1 month ago
My first time exploring the SlimDX library. I was trying to run the slimdx.wpf sample when it gave the following error in design view.

Error 2 System.Reflection.Adds.UnresolvedAssemblyException was thrown on "..\SlimDX SDK (February 2010)\Samples\SlimDX Samples\Direct3D9\WPF Interop\WpfSample\WpfWindow.xaml": Type universe cannot resolve assembly: SlimDX, Version=2.0.9.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9. SlimDX SDK (February 2010)\Samples\SlimDX Samples\Direct3D9\WPF Interop\WpfSample\WpfWindow.xaml

There is a posting regarding this http://www.clubfarpoint.com/Forums/blogs/robbys_blog/archive/2010/02/05/vs2010-quot-type-universe-cannot-resolve-assembly-quot-has-nothing-to-do-with-relativity.aspx

but it did not fix the error...
Advertisement
anyone?
Same issue here.

Using AnyCPU configuration on an x64 system, targeting .NET 3.5

When adding the SlimDXControl from the toolbox for the first time, there's no problem... a small black rectangle appears in the window and the XAML is added correctly.

Immediately after building the solution, the designer throws an exception:
System.Reflection.Adds.UnresolvedAssemblyException
Type universe cannot resolve assembly: SlimDX, Version=2.0.9.42, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b1b0c32fd1ffe4f9.

Interestingly, rebuilding the SlimDXControl changes the icon in the toolbox, and double clicking that produces the same exception.

Removing the SlimDXControl-related XAML from the window, the SlimDX and SlimDX.wpf references from the project, and removing and re-adding the SlimDXControl from and to the toolbox resets the icon of the tool and allows it to be added as a child of the window again, showing up as a black rectangle.

Rebuilding the project will kill everything again. It's obviously some assembly incompatibility, but I can't figure it the source of the problem.
Make sure you are using .Net Framework 4.0 and not the client. Also instead of AnyCPU specify the explicit architecture i.e. x86 or x64 of the slimdx dll.

Make sure you are using .Net Framework 4.0 and not the client. Also instead of AnyCPU specify the explicit architecture i.e. x86 or x64 of the slimdx dll.

this is a bad idea, as described problem exists even at the moment, and you have described does not work: the inclusion in the WPF application SlimDX an error designer after the first compilation. This bug is also in the examples that come with SlimDX SDK

Same issue here.
Using AnyCPU configuration on an x64 system, targeting .NET 3.5..

A working solution would be to completely abandon the inclusion SlimDX in WPF application. This agrees well with the exact same well-organized architecture of your game engine.

I have a working solution for Wpf and SlimDX (currently only for Directx11) - if you need it where I will publish the realties

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement