Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Bit of a Problem

This topic is 6001 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I''ve just started to reconstruct some code for a game of mine and I now get these two odd errors. c_dfDIKeyboard and the DirectInput8Create function are giving me trouble. I compiled some of Microsofts DirectInput Samples that use these and it Links fine. I copied the headers from that projectand put them in my project, but the error is still there. Am I missing and #defines or files? Im using VC++ 6.0. ANY help would be appreciated. --------------------------------------- The Error is as follows: Compiling... game.cpp Linking... game.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _c_dfDIKeyboard game.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol _DirectInput8Create@20 Debug/Game.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 2 unresolved externals Error executing link.exe. --------------------------------------- Me headers areas follows: #define STRICT #define INITGUID #include #include #include #include Is something wrong here?

Guest Anonymous Poster
you are forgetting to link with the DirectInput8 libraries.

#pragma comment(lib, "dinput8.lib")
#include <dinput.h>

is that how you link libs if there is no option under the project setting in the compiler?! Pragma? Please respond!

Guest Anonymous Poster
This is how I link libraries.

#pragma comment(lib, "d3d8.lib");
#pragma comment(lib, "d3dx8.lib");
#pragma comment(lib, "dinput8.lib");

I''m unsure if this method works on all compilers.
I use Microsoft Visual C++ 6.0