Video Setting Problem

Started by
4 comments, last by Forcas 22 years, 8 months ago
Hi. WHenever I make a program with the same res and color-setting as my desktop(using either DirectDraw 7 or Direct3D 8), The program won''t work when I run it. It''ll display all the graphics I tell it too, but the mouse cursor will change according to my VC++ IDE. When I click, my program just disappears (it''s still being run by the task manager.) Does anyone have any idea what my problem could be? -Forcas "Elvis is alive. He is Barney the purple dinosaur. He is the pied piper that leads our children into the wages of sin and eternal damnation."
-Forcaswriteln("Does this actually work?");
Advertisement
Could you post some of your initialization code please?
BOOL InitGraphics(){	//~~ Create Almighty IDirect3D8 Object ~~\\   	if(FAILED(lpd3d = Direct3DCreate8(D3D_SDK_VERSION)))		Game = 0;		// Snatch coder-defined video mode. 	D3DDISPLAYMODE displayMode;		displayMode.Width=WINDOW_WIDTH; // Set the screen width to the window width	displayMode.Height=WINDOW_HEIGHT; // Set the screen height to the window height	displayMode.RefreshRate=0; // Set the refresh rate to default	displayMode.Format=WINDOW_FORMAT; // Set the color format to pixel format	// Set the present parameters! JUICY!	D3DPRESENT_PARAMETERS d3dpp; 	ZeroMemory( &d3dpp, sizeof(d3dpp) );	d3dpp.SwapEffect = D3DSWAPEFFECT_DISCARD; 	d3dpp.BackBufferFormat = displayMode.Format; // The color format	d3dpp.BackBufferWidth = displayMode.Width; // The back buffer width	d3dpp.BackBufferHeight = displayMode.Height; // The back buffer height	// Prepare for lift off! OH HEA'' YEAH!!!!	if(FAILED(lpd3d->CreateDevice(D3DADAPTER_DEFAULT, D3DDEVTYPE_HAL, hwnd,                                   D3DCREATE_SOFTWARE_VERTEXPROCESSING, &d3dpp, &lp3dd)))	{		MessageBox(hwnd, "Couldn''t Create Device", "ashfasf", MB_OK);								  return 0;	}	D3DXMATRIX Ortho2D;		D3DXMATRIX Identity;	D3DXMatrixOrthoLH(&Ortho2D, (float)WINDOW_WIDTH, (float)WINDOW_HEIGHT, 0.0f, 1.0f);	D3DXMatrixIdentity(&Identity);	lp3dd->SetTransform(D3DTS_PROJECTION, &Ortho2D);	lp3dd->SetTransform(D3DTS_WORLD, &Identity);	lp3dd->SetTransform(D3DTS_VIEW, &Identity);	// Make it so that it''ll draw triangles facing either towards or away from the camera    lp3dd->SetRenderState( D3DRS_CULLMODE, D3DCULL_NONE );	// Turn off Direct3D''s lighting since we use our own vertex color.	lp3dd->SetRenderState( D3DRS_LIGHTING, FALSE );  HFONT MyFont = CreateFont(  10,             // logical height of font  10,              // logical average character width  0,         // angle of escapement  0,        // base-line orientation angle  FW_NORMAL,            // font weight  FALSE,         // italic attribute flag  FALSE,      // underline attribute flag  FALSE,      // strikeout attribute flag  ANSI_CHARSET,        // character set identifier  OUT_DEFAULT_PRECIS,  // output precision  CLIP_DEFAULT_PRECIS,  // clipping precision  DEFAULT_QUALITY,        // output quality  FF_SWISS,  // pitch and family  NULL         // pointer to typeface name string);    D3DXCreateFont(lp3dd, MyFont, &lpd3dfont);	//Thank you for your cooperation.	return 1;} 

That''s it. The wierd thing is that it does the exact same thing in DirectDraw.

-Forcas

"Elvis is alive. He is Barney the purple dinosaur. He is the pied piper that leads our children into the wages of sin and eternal damnation."

*bump*

This is a really wierd problem. I''ve asked about it before, and no one''s figured out what was wrong.

-Forcas

"Elvis is alive. He is Barney the purple dinosaur. He is the pied piper that leads our children into the wages of sin and eternal damnation."

Seems to be a window style problem. Check the samples for the proper ones.

Bjørn.
We are boki. The rest is known.
I used to have some problems using DirectDraw and I´ve figure out that they were occurring because I was creating DirectDraw in OnFormCreate. Then I moved the code to the OnActivate event and everything worked ok....

André

"- To begin with, said the Cat, a dog''s not mad. You grant that?
- I suppose so, said Alice.
- Well, then, - the Cat went on - you see, a dog growls when it''s angry, and wags its tail when it''s pleased. Now I growl when I''m pleased, and wag my tail when I''m angry. Therefore I''m mad."
"- To begin with, said the Cat, a dog's not mad. You grant that? - I suppose so, said Alice. - Well, then, - the Cat went on - you see, a dog growls when it's angry, and wags its tail when it's pleased. Now I growl when I'm pleased, and wag my tail when I'm angry. Therefore I'm mad."

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement