Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ghost Face Killa

Help Again

Ok I''m working on Tutorial 23. And when I go to compile the code I get these errors. Compiling... Lesson23.cpp C:\Windows\Desktop\EngineSorta\Lesson23.cpp(16) : error C2146: syntax error : missing '';'' before identifier ''g_DI'' C:\Windows\Desktop\EngineSorta\Lesson23.cpp(16) : error C2501: ''LPDIRECTINPUT7'' : missing storage-class or type specifiers C:\Windows\Desktop\EngineSorta\Lesson23.cpp(16) : fatal error C1004: unexpected end of file found Error executing cl.exe. Here is the code there and right before there. #include LPDIRECTINPUT7 g_DI; LPDIRECTINPUTDEVICE7 g_KDIDev; So does ne one know what I''m doing wrong. I want to add some things to this code but can''t because it won''t even compile. -------------------------- |FuK| Ghost Face Killa You Got Fucked By Fuk! --------------------------

Doesn''t the #include statement actually need to state a path? If your using DirectX, I beleive it''s #include (I''m probably wrong though) assuming that''s the one not being included

Use the WriteCoolGame() function
Works every time

woops! i guess you probably did the same thing as i did, the angle brackets are for HTML tags, so they made yours and my include paths dissapear. Then I guess I don''t know what''s wrong with your code, I''ve had the same problem, I think I did something like this -> change LPDIRECTINPUT7 g_DI to DIRECTINPUT7 *g_DI. I''m not even sure that''s gonna compile either, I''m just guessing.

Use the WriteCoolGame() function
Works every time