Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Why is it that........

This topic is 5964 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I find no answers to questions my mind can arrouse, but I find answers to questions other peoples do. I can write a story that people think are better than every Final Fantasy game, yet I scrap it because I think it is bad. I once made up this quote: "For you, happiness is believing in god[yes I meant to make this lowercase], loving your mate, your children. Hence, happiness is found in what is available to you. But not me, no, I will not be so easily pleased. I will reach farther, as will others, and we together will find the promised land, and leave the rest to suffer the earths fate, instead of thier own."~Kaiel Was that a thought from deep inside of me saying:"You''r never pleased with what you can do, and always amused by what you cant." I bought this topic up, from the soul of a designer, for other designers. I want everyone to understand how important every idea they bring into thier own head is. Do not scrap it, it may never come back. I look into a mirror, and I see myself, looking into a mirror, seeing myself. Evrything ends at one point, whether its in life or death, the ultimate end.Game design can be a deep subject, I wish people would more often understand this.I am no profesional, but I am no idiot. ~Kaiel

Interesting thought. Once in a while something I create pleases me (usually the things that are simple yet elegant and original, not the things that are complex, for whatever reason), but yes, most of the time anything I can''t do seems inherently better than anything I can do. And I will say along with kaiel: Never give up completely on an idea, never never burn your drafts, you''ll want the scraps to help you with some new project 2 or 5 years in the future. Always write your ideas down and keep an electronic copy and a hard copy (accordion files are nice for this).