Why is it that........

Started by
0 comments, last by kaiel090x 22 years, 8 months ago
I find no answers to questions my mind can arrouse, but I find answers to questions other peoples do. I can write a story that people think are better than every Final Fantasy game, yet I scrap it because I think it is bad. I once made up this quote: "For you, happiness is believing in god[yes I meant to make this lowercase], loving your mate, your children. Hence, happiness is found in what is available to you. But not me, no, I will not be so easily pleased. I will reach farther, as will others, and we together will find the promised land, and leave the rest to suffer the earths fate, instead of thier own."~Kaiel Was that a thought from deep inside of me saying:"You''r never pleased with what you can do, and always amused by what you cant." I bought this topic up, from the soul of a designer, for other designers. I want everyone to understand how important every idea they bring into thier own head is. Do not scrap it, it may never come back. I look into a mirror, and I see myself, looking into a mirror, seeing myself. Evrything ends at one point, whether its in life or death, the ultimate end.Game design can be a deep subject, I wish people would more often understand this.I am no profesional, but I am no idiot. ~Kaiel
"He who fights monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss, the abyss also gazes into you."~Friedrich Nietzsche
Advertisement
Interesting thought. Once in a while something I create pleases me (usually the things that are simple yet elegant and original, not the things that are complex, for whatever reason), but yes, most of the time anything I can''t do seems inherently better than anything I can do. And I will say along with kaiel: Never give up completely on an idea, never never burn your drafts, you''ll want the scraps to help you with some new project 2 or 5 years in the future. Always write your ideas down and keep an electronic copy and a hard copy (accordion files are nice for this).

I want to help design a "sandpark" MMO. Optional interactive story with quests and deeply characterized NPCs, plus sandbox elements like player-craftable housing and lots of other crafting. If you are starting a design of this type, please PM me. I also love pet-breeding games.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement