Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wierd DirectSound error

This topic is 5968 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm working on my own game project now on the side and was looking for some good background music at MP3.com I found one song and converted it to a wave to use in the game and it would play about 1 second of it and then go silent. I checked the status of the buffer and it said it was playing. Another song would play for awhile longer before going silent. I tried the bg music from Tombstone and it worked fine. Then I remembered how I got it. I used sound recorder and set it to record "wave/directsound" then hit record and played the original MIDI file (it'll be better later). The first piece played a bit longer but still cut off. I then set it to record "What U Hear" and the original piece works just fine. Anyone have any idea what that is? It's kind of a pain to use Sound Recorder to convert MP3s to waves. Ben [Icarus Independent | Jump Down The Rabbithole | Tombstone: Vendetta ] Edited by - KalvinB on August 14, 2001 6:00:14 PM