• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
grhodes_at_work

Prototype NASA game to be released on Steam next week

This topic is 2914 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My company is partnering with NASA to develop a NASA-themed MMO. It'll take quite a while to complete the full MMO. In the meantime, we have developed a gameplay prototype/proof-of-concept mini game, and finally received approvals to release it. It'll be released on Steam next Tuesday, 6 July, 2010. It will be free. You can find the NASA press release here:

NASA Invites Journalists, Video Game Experts To Review Online Game

Advertisement
That looks quite good. I'll try it for sure. I don't know if you can talk about it, but I can't quite see how this would work as an MMO.

I certainly hope you'll enjoy it! I can only say that this prototype isn't intended to show off any real MMO features. It's more of a collaborative gameplay example centered around the type of content that might show up in the MMO. We aren't ready to say what the MMO will be, in the end. These products take a long time to design and create, and the team has a lot left to do!

Quote:
Original post by grhodes_at_work
I can only say that this prototype isn't intended to show off any real MMO features.
heh. Needs more lasers and more Sci-Fi stuff. I've said it before, but definitely in this case, realism could definitely hurt the gameplay. :P

As a math person are you in charge of creating the procedural gray terrain of will it be a heightmap? :P

[Edited by - Sirisian on June 30, 2010 7:06:47 PM]

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!