• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
PrivateDesign

UDK 3 help!

This topic is 2912 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok so as my first post I would like to ask a few questions about the UDK 3 engine.

I am new to game design and I am currently setting up my team at Private Design Game Studios. However, I have come to a stand still haha. I have the UDK 3 engine and have been using it for about 3 days now, I am curious as to intergrating the game once levels are made and models etc. Here's an example:

Say I have my first level made, my player and weapon models, the objectives for the level and everything is made. How would I put it all together so that when you finish the first level it goes on to the next? Is there any limit as to the amount of levels you can have in UDK? or is it infinate?. Is there a number of polygons you can have or is it infinate? I want our levels to be fairly large (islands etc) and make it free rome around the island but I am worried once we make the island level with all that vegitation etc the game wont be able to handle it.

I can't put it any easier haha if your confused and need to know anything further let me know :)

Seeking UDK 3 developers by the way, people to take all the models and levels etc and put the game together in UDK.

Kind Regards,
Chris Jones. PD Game Studios.

Advertisement
Well.. these are quite UDK3 specific questions, you will be more lucky to get some answers at the according UDK3 support forums.

Quote:

Seeking UDK 3 developers by the way, people to take all the models and levels etc and put the game together in UDK.

If you seek help look at the Help Wanted forum over here, but don't forget to read this first.

Good luck.

Thanks man, I will have a look through that in definate :) I am not the developer in this game haha I just work with web design and overall management on PD so this was slightly confusing to me.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!