• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
DriveByBaptism

Portfolios

This topic is 3003 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So far I have worked on three games to completion. I am about to enter my third year of university for games programming, after which I can take a year out to do an industry placement (assuming I can find one etc etc).

So right now I want to build up a portfolio site to show potential employers what I'm capable of and show case the games I have made/making. So my questions are thus:

Does it matter if a website is made in Flash or coded in HTML/CSS?

Does anyone know any good templates that can really show off your work?

These are utter newb questions I know, but ones I felt the need to ask regardless.

Advertisement
If you're not developing Flash games specifically, I'd say it's better if you don't use Flash for your portfolio. IMO, Flash websites are intrusive, ineffective and bloated. A clear and simple HTML/CSS web site is much better in my opinion. There are a lot of CSS template sites on the web, for example (after a Google search) www.freecsstemplates.org or free-css-templates.com. All free CSS templates on these two sites are published under the Creative Commons Attribution license.

My preference is a straight forward, html/css version that doesn't make navigating hard.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!