• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Mike.Popoloski

SlimDX June 2010 Released

This topic is 3005 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

The SlimDX release for the June 2010 SDK is now live! The long wait on this one was due to issues with Windows Installer and trying to integrate our new .NET 4.0 support. More on that here if you're interested. You can get the SlimDX SDK from our download page. Before you go any further, take a moment to help us learn more about our users by filling out a short survey.

Besides the usual updates and bug fixes associated with each new release, we'd like to call special attention to the following changes:

• True .NET 4.0 support in the form of separate distinct binaries for both x86 and x64, making SlimDX the only managed solution with support for .NET 4.0.

• Support for Visual Studio 2010 with both assemblies and ClickOnce.

• Previously duplicated shader functionality between D3D10 and D3D11 has been refactored into a shared D3DCompiler namespace.

• Added support for new Windows 7 FlipEx functionality to Direct3D 9.

• Added several new subsystems, including DXGI 1.1 and XACT3.

• The Direct3D 11 subsystem has been almost completely finished and documented for Intellisense.

• Our previously lacking DirectWrite has been greatly enhanced by the efforts of legalize.

• Unfortunately, we had to make a change to the order of quaternion multiplication to match that of D3DX. Sorry for any confusion this may cause people who were relying on the old method.

For a complete list of changes, see the release notes in the online documentation.

We frequently get asked about projects using SlimDX, so Promit came up with a list of some of the bigger commercial ones: Projects Using SlimDX

Once again, we'd be grateful if you'd participate in our survey. Be sure to let us know if you find bugs, have questions, want to contribute, or are using SlimDX for something cool.

Advertisement
I just did the survey and I want to take the opportunity here and thank you all for your (free!) work. I consider this library (and other Slim stuff) a great thing.

unbird

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!