• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How do I make an r-tree?

This topic is 2907 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I was hoping someone could direct me to a clear simple explanation of how to make an r-tree. So far all the google results have been way too complex. They seem to pride themselves on explaining what an r-tree is in exact technical terms (as if it's even that hard to understand...) but breeze over how one actually codes it. The source code I've found hasn't been helpful either. So if anyone knows of a good tutorial the explains how to make one in simple English I'd appreciate it.

Advertisement
Well I just took a data structures and algorithms class and it sounds like you described my class LOL.
Seriously, you are lucky if you can find a decent explanation of half this stuff let alone how to code it!
Only one that I've seen that does a somewhat decent job is the Sedgewick books.

Um okay... Is there some specific book I should dl? The guys written a lot of stuff.

Quote:
But, reading source-code without lots of explanation text can be hit-and-miss in terms of whether you can even understand it XD

yeah no kidding. My main problem is that I can't figure out how to split a rectangle into two smaller minimum bound rectangles.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!