• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vbsbalanin

related to radiative transfer

This topic is 2910 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi

Any one know how radiative transfer equation was related to the the light or photon distribution (for example for a room). i having the absorption and scattering values..

Regards
Sundarabalan

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by vbsbalanin
Any one know how radiative transfer equation was related to the the light or photon distribution (for example for a room).

Radiative transfer happens precisely through photons being emitted by the objects in the room and them being absorbed by other objects. What is your question exactly?

Thanks for the reply sir
Actually am trying to simulate the light field in the fish tank using the ambient light field. i having the absorption and scattering value of the water in the fish tank. now i dont know how to apply to the radiative transfer equation.

can you plz help me sir.......

Regards
Sundarabalan

Well, the absorption changes as a function of the wavelength. Radiative heat transfer near room temperature will happen at much longer wavelengths than visible.

Do you think radiative heat transfer is an important effect in a fish tank?

Hi Sir

Ya the brightness of the light is reducing based on the depth know
so the if i take 3D matrix i want to consider only the top layer of the absorption values or every layer from top to bottom i have to consider for calculating radiance

Regards
Sundarabalan

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!