• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
programmermattc

Shaders/Effects in FBX [XNA Related]

This topic is 3004 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I recently purchased a model from TurboSquid and I have it rendering in my engine but several of the textures aren't applied and things like the characters hair are only showing as a blob. However, a few pieces of the character are textured properly.

I'm thinking this has to do with shaders and effects that were baked into the file when I exported it. So far I've been using XNA's default BasicEffect but when turning on the actual effects it renders even wierder (overly bright, almost no depth).

The only way I've been able to determine the arguments to the shader is through debugging (there are around 20-28 args).

I guess my question is, do I need to set each one of these args (including my texture samplers and default texture) before it will render properly?

(Some of the arguments are like DiffuseColor, Alpha, SpecularPower, SpecularColor, DefaultTexture, EyePosition, etc...)

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!