• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
FableFox

3d fighting game engine

This topic is 3082 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I know there is a lot of FPS game engine out there, free, paid, open source and what not. However, is there a 3d game engine for PC out there that make 3d fighting game development easy?

I heard that latest Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mortal_Kombat_8] (I think) uses Unreal Engine, but I don't know how much customization it takes. Besides, I think it's better for me to use Unity anyway (still, I'm testing the learning curve of both two).

I mean, all that game engine has to do is to provide a basic collada human model, and a fbx compatible bones. Then people can open that collada in their favourite collada importing modeller (max, maya, blender, etc,) to create a new character that the engine can load, and create moves using the bones (using any fbx import / edit / export tools) to create new movements. Of course, to have engine own's movement editor is nice. but fbx importing cabalities is great.

Everything else can be automated. I mean, isn't it great to watch martial art movie, and add that awesome move into your game. Or download other fan made moves / characters. There are going to be whole lot moves / characters to enjoy.

I know there was a 3dfighting game maker for the original play station, but is there a better equivalent on the PC? [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fighter_Maker]

Note that the one available for PC is 2D.

I have done my research, but is there anything other people can add?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!