• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

How can i create two seperate d3d scenes in 2 different windows?

This topic is 2994 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have made 2 directx scenes in 2 different windows.
The first scene renders fine but the 2nd scene doesnt even render
I know it should work because i copied the code for scene 2 to a new project and it worked fine...

So help please?

Advertisement
Which API version do you use and what have you done so far to initialize the second window?

Quote:
Original post by Demirug
Which API version do you use and what have you done so far to initialize the second window?

DirectX 9
I have done the normal things to initialize a scene. Set up a device and render at the onPaint event.

Generally this is done by creating an additional swap chain for the second window. Then each frame, you render the first scene to the backbuffer created with the device and then render your second scene to the backbuffer created with the additional swap chain. Is that what you're doing?

NO i cant find any good C# tutorials on creating a different scene in a new window

If they're totally independent scenes you can just make two separate devices and call it a day.

Quote:
Original post by Promit
If they're totally independent scenes you can just make two separate devices and call it a day.

This is exactly what i did and for some reason doesnt render:(

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!