• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Coolshark86

Vb .net & Direct3D DirectX

This topic is 2904 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

why my terrain rendering work with 1FPS?? my pc is an Intel Dual Core 2,1ghz 1GB ram, i draw rendering with a only one -> DrawIndexedPrimitive

Advertisement
Because something is slow. If you want a more precise answer than that, you'll need to give us more information.

How many vertices and indices are in the terrain? Are you using any texturing? How many textures? What size? How do you create your device? Are you creating a HAL or REF device? Are you using software or hardware vertex processing? Are you using shaders or the fixed function pipeline? How are you measuring performance? Have you used a GPU profiler? What graphics card do you have?

Evil Steve i post you 2 links:

- All my the Source Code! link:
www.softwaresolution.altervista.org/Terrain3D.rar (VB .NET)

This is the all source code i have fixed the code some point for maximum compatibility ... but but 1 FPS ;-(

pls help me .... to accellerate the rendering in my dual core pc! 2ghz .... my graphic card is:

www.softwaresolution.altervista.org/card.gif

thank you very much in advance, i wait for your code fixes

Which Direct3D are you using?
Like: Direct3D9, Direct3D10, Direct3D11

Also, it seems to me that your video chip set is horrible.
You should upgrade. ;p

Salvenger

=) guy i using Direct3D v9 but but

I thing that, why ... if I develope in XNA same with the definition monstrous .. the code works quite well! .... only slightly lowers the graphics .. but 'works a treat .... why not do it in DirectX 9 .... °-°"

perhaps we need to adapt the code to more low-resolution graphics card?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!