-- The Quake 1 Challenge --

Started by
10 comments, last by BeerNutts 13 years, 9 months ago
Alright - here's the deal: I'm puttin on a challenge.

Prize:

The Challenge:

Play Quake 1
">on Nightmare from start to finish (all four episodes in which ever order + killing Shub-Niggurath). Count how many times you die. Don't lie. Post your best result here. Eventually, after a couple of runs, you should be able to play the entire game in about 1-1.5 hours. This is not a
">speed run.

You can play how many the heck times you want and you can save in case of for instance, you know, a power failure, but you can ONLY LOAD the game WHEN YOU DIE.

Deadline:

Erm, let's say 10 days from now on the 15th.

Personally I remember doing this a while back and I died something like 60 times and not before the middleish of the last episode.

I think that's it. Now, go an play.
Advertisement
I hope that cake's "best before" date is after 15th of July, and that you don't keep it in the same fridge as sausages, vinegar, onions or French cheese (looks jummy anyway, "homo pony" ahhahaha).
Well, it's a special caek (possibly made of virgin ponies?).

Actually I thought this thread would draw more controversy. Not neccessarily active participation (as people, more often than not, are unaware of the value of a healthy game of Quake). But controversy. You know, like how Quake can't be cool because it's old and has too few polygons and how people might not be aware of how to obtain a copy of the game.

Edit: the cake is not a lie!
Mmmmm ponies.

That's a pretty awesome caek. Home made?
Made of virgin ponies?
hmmmm.
*does a thing that makes people blind if done frequently*
Quote:Original post by irreversible
Edit: the cake is not a lie!

That's what GLaDOS said! :)
Anyway - an interesting challenge with an interesting prize. Might have to buy Q1 then.
Prize:

THE CAEK IS A LIE! ^
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
Are all four episodes of the original quake available as freeware somewhere? I've only ever seen the shareware one (first episode?), but it's not like I was looking for the full thing...
No, it's still commercial software. Copies turn up on eBay pretty cheaply (that's where I got mine). I understand that it's available on Steam, but as it's not on a CD you lose the music (and what would Quake be without Trent Reznor's soundtrack? Rubbish, that's what).

I'm not sure how good any budget label copies of it would be, either. I have a budget label copy of Tomb Raider and in the process of altering the CD image to include the manual as a PDF they removed the CD audio tracks, rendering the cut scenes silent. [rolleyes]

[Website] [+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++]

Quote:Original post by benryves
I'm not sure how good any budget label copies of it would be, either. I have a budget label copy of Tomb Raider and in the process of altering the CD image to include the manual as a PDF they removed the CD audio tracks, rendering the cut scenes silent. [rolleyes]
Bleah.

I just had some Apple Pie so I'll gladly pass the challange!

Previously "Krohm"

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement