• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
mancubit

searching framework for d3d10 apps

This topic is 2998 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I wanted to make use of this years summer break to set up a nice graphics programming demo.

Till now, i didnt make use of any framework for my little graphics programming projects (they only showed one single technique like normal/parallax-occlusion/shadow mapping, shadow volumes, bloom, godrays aso.)

Although i got a good grasp of how lower-level graphics programming in direct3d works i have very little knowledge how to approach it from a higher level (material systems, technique selection, ..), so i really have problems how i should throw my code-pieces together to create one big demo, that is fexible to use and easily expandable.

As i am primarly interested in the lower-level part i decided to make use of an graphics-programming framwork that helps me out with the higher-level-architecture.

So i am currently searching which framework would best fit to me. My only requirements are that they work with d3d10 and C++. My first guess was using ogre3d, but i read that d3d10 implementation is still kind of beta.

Can you recommend some graphics-frameworks? It would even help if you know some kind of tutorial how to build up a graphics-framework on your own..

thanks in advance!

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!