NeHe Tutorial 01 for gforth available

Started by
20 comments, last by Timoteo2010 13 years, 8 months ago
The gforth version of the code for NeHe's OpenGL Tutorial has been posted to the comp.lang.forth newsgroup - you can access it through Google Groups, if you do not have a newsreader handy.

The archived version, opengl-lesson01.zip, has been uploaded to the Taygeta Scientific Forth Archives site, and will be made available shortly.

I am hoping to get it added to the listing on NeHe's site soon, as well.

Tim-
Advertisement
The gforth version of the code for NeHe's OpenGL Tutorial Lesson 02 has been posted to the comp.lang.forth newsgroup.
The gforth version of the code for NeHe's OpenGL Tutorial Lesson 03 has been posted to the comp.lang.forth newsgroup.
The gforth version of the code for NeHe's OpenGL Tutorial Lesson 04 has been posted to the comp.lang.forth newsgroup.
The gforth version of the code for NeHe's OpenGL Tutorial Lesson 05 has been posted to the comp.lang.forth newsgroup.
I just upgraded my video card from an nvidia GeForce 7300gs to the GT 240, and my FPS count in the basic 640x480x16 resolution of the NeHe Tutorials went from @700 up to @3000. Not bad, even considering that the GT 240 is their low end CUDA card.

Due to the speed increase, it will be necessary to add a call to the SDL_Delay function to slow the demos down enough to see what they are doing.

I plan on researching the CUDA system, to see if it will be possible to interface gforth with the compilers that are used to create the code for the CUDA functions.

Tim-
The gforth version of the code for NeHe's OpenGL Tutorial Lesson 06 has been posted to the comp.lang.forth newsgroup.
The gforth version of the code for NeHe's OpenGL Tutorial Lesson 07 has been posted to the comp.lang.forth newsgroup.
The gforth version of the code for NeHe's OpenGL Tutorial Lesson 08 has been posted to the comp.lang.forth newsgroup.
The gforth version of the code for NeHe's OpenGL Tutorial Lesson 09 has been posted to the comp.lang.forth newsgroup.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement