• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
alicefred

GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5870 low FPS

This topic is 2995 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello friends.
I recently purchased a GIGABYTE Radeon HD 5870 from Newegg through http://www.dealrocker.com discount deal. This video card is running at fairly low FPS. Battlefield Bad Company 2 runs an average of 25-30fps at 1920x1080. BTW I have 2.6ghz dual core processor and all the latest drivers. Does anyone know why the FPS are so low? If you have any ideas to fix this problem, please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Probably best not to link to shopping sites, look like publicity.

If you say you really have the latest ATI drivers/latest DirectX and latest game version, something is not right. Even with full AA/AF and HDAO, benchmarks seems around 50fps. How much ram do you have? Are you sure the slowdown is rendering-related? Maybe the ram is full and the hard drive work like crazy. You do run the game in DirectX11? You can check the card temperature, maybe it's overheating.

This topic is 2995 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.