Heard any good music lately?

Started by
7 comments, last by CableGuy 13 years, 9 months ago
http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14433-cerulean/

A guy I know (he happens to visit another forum I go to) made this album. It's really cool.

There should be a sample track on that page.

Anyways, what good music have you heard lately?
Advertisement
New ones or old music too?

I recently discovered Genesis (the Peter Gabriel era).
But apart from that, I haven't found any good music for about 5 years now.
I recently discovered that Rick Wakeman (The keyboardist for Yes) had released a solo album based on the tales of King Arthur. I downloaded the live version of the first song of the album ("Arthur") from 7 Digital, and all I have to say is: Epic.

I also recently heard that Star One, one of Arjen Lucassen's side projects, has released a few demos for their new album. This, of course, prompted me to listen to their first album, Space Metal, again, which is as close as you can get to pure epicdom without your face melting off.

Quote:

Have you listened to "Supper's Ready" yet? It's my favourite by that band, altough I haven't heard all their work.
No. I just know "The Lamb lies Down on Broadway" + some songs.

Yes, I've heard many good things about Rick Wakeman, I guess I should look into it a bit (and I like Yes too, especially Close to the Edge).

EDIT: you're into long songs? I bet you like Tales From Topographic Oceans (Yes)
Quote:(and I like Yes too, especially Close to the Edge).

"Close to the Edge" is one of my favourite songs.

Quote:EDIT: you're into long songs? I bet you like Tales From Topographic Oceans (Yes)

Yeah, I'm mostly into Symphonic/Progressive Rock and Metal, and songs in that genre are usually very long. I also prefer longer songs because it allows the composer to do some interesting things with the theme.

I haven't heard that album, but it's concept sounds interesting, I'll look into it, thanks.

Quote:Original post by szecs
New ones or old music too?

But apart from that, I haven't found any good music for about 5 years now.

I've never really listened to Genesis but the small bits I've heard from the Phil Collins era I didn't like at all. However, I've always loved Peter Gabriel's solo work.

Recently I picked up the greatest hits of Huey Lewis and The News, definitely some good tunes on there. Other than that I got into Coheed & Cambria a few months ago for the first time and probably listen to their cd's once a week (favorite is tied between Turbine Blade and IV).

EDIT: Also picked up Bob Marley's Legend album, that is one great listen. Next time you are in your cubicle on a Friday morning just throw on some phones and play that thing, it's awesome!

=============================RhinoXNA - Easily start building 2D games in XNA!Projects

If it's something you heard recently, Any music counts so long as you think it's good.

I've found myself getting hooked on some old 16 Bit music from the Genesis/SNES era.
Quote:Original post by WazzatMan
Quote:(and I like Yes too, especially Close to the Edge).

"Close to the Edge" is one of my favourite songs.

Quote:EDIT: you're into long songs? I bet you like Tales From Topographic Oceans (Yes)

Yeah, I'm mostly into Symphonic/Progressive Rock and Metal, and songs in that genre are usually very long. I also prefer longer songs because it allows the composer to do some interesting things with the theme.

I haven't heard that album, but it's concept sounds interesting, I'll look into it, thanks.

Yeah, I'd have to agree. Opeth has a lot of 10+ minute songs.
C++: Where your friends have access to your private members
If you are into progressive you might want to try Van der Graaf Generator try listening to Godbluff IMHO they are one of the best in the genre, also I've recently discovered Mike Oldfield,
and currently listening to Platinum which has nice, catchy melodies.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement