• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
xnunes

How to count the number of trianglesTesselator outputs?

This topic is 3076 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So, i'm creating triangles with the tesselation pipeline ( HS, tesselator and DS ). How do I get the number of triangles it's being created?

I've tried to create a geometry shader and get the output stream. But what I get from output stream is a buffer with 16664 vertices( which I believe is the starting tesselation). But when I reduce the tesselation amount the buffer keeps with 16664 vertices. I'm copying resource from output stream every frame.

Is the output stream the right approach to get the number of primitives outputed by the tesselator?

There is any other besides this?

Advertisement
Hum figure out why 16664. Its because my resource size is limited to this size.

So i'm getting the right vertices in the output stream, the problem now is that my resource is cumulative. When I get the output stream of current frame it doesnt delete the stream from the previous frame.

So if in the frame 0 im rendering 6 vertices, I will get in the next frames from output stream:

frame1 - 12 vertices
frame2 - 18 vertices
etc..

So I want to clear my output stream buffer before getting the vertices of next frame. How do I do it?

thanks a lot!

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!