• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

C++ : "The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)" while connecting t

This topic is 2804 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey fellas.
I'm trying to connect my MySQL database using C++ connector.
I've done the next so far:
1.Installed the connector
2. Created a new project
3. Configured it as Active(Release)
4. In properties, under C/C++ -> General -> Additional Include Directories, I've added the connector's "include" folder
5. In Linker -> General -> Additional Libary Directories, I've added the "lib/opt" subfolder.
6. I've also added "mysqlcppconn.lib" under Linker -> Input -> Additional Dependencies
7/ I've copied "mysqlcppconn.dll" into the .exe folder

After all of this, I tried running this simple code:
#include <stdlib.h>
#include <iostream>

#include "mysql_connection.h"
#include "mysql_driver.h"
#include <cppconn/driver.h>
#include <cppconn/exception.h>
#include <cppconn/resultset.h>
#include <cppconn/statement.h>

using namespace std;

int main(void)
{ sql:: driver *driver;
sql::Connection *con;
driver = get_driver_instance();
con = driver->connect("tcp://", "root", "root");

But I just keeping getting this error:
"The application was unable to start correctly (0xc000007b)"

Any ideas ?
Thanks ahead

Here's an idea. Plug "0xc000007b" into google (like this: google: 0xc000007b), then poke through the results looking for reports of similar problems and how they were resolved. I've looked over a couple and my impression is that the error could be raised by a lot of things. The assistance offered in this case included links to powerful utilities, but the last posted advice might be the important one: "I had the same problem and updating Symantec Endpoint Protection (from version 11.0.3001.2224 to 11.0.4202.75) resolved the problem for me." Maybe that will work for you too? Maybe it won't. Good luck either way.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement