• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Cross compiling from Windows to Mac OS X

This topic is 2810 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm programming a game, and I want to port it to Mac OS X. My composer uses a Macintosh laptop and I'd like to send him a alpha demo of the game; plus, I would like to eventually release my game for both Windows and Macintosh.

All the libraries I use are fully cross-platform, and my code doesn't use any platform specific features or code.

I use MinGW as my normal compiler. How can I set up either GCC or MinGW's GCC to cross-compile to Mac OS X, without actually having a Mac computer?
I can borrow my sister-in-law's laptop to test my executables on it, but I don't want to actually compile anything on it, unless I can somehow set it up so all the headers and compilers are on a thumb drive, and when finished, not leaving a bunch of programming tools on her computer.

Any ideas?

I read that cross compiling to Apple computers is very difficult and buggy - is this still true? Does anyone here have a toolchain set up where they can simultaneously build Windows and Mac OS X executables? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement