• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Servant of the Lord

Cross compiling from Windows to Mac OS X

This topic is 2898 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm programming a game, and I want to port it to Mac OS X. My composer uses a Macintosh laptop and I'd like to send him a alpha demo of the game; plus, I would like to eventually release my game for both Windows and Macintosh.

All the libraries I use are fully cross-platform, and my code doesn't use any platform specific features or code.

I use MinGW as my normal compiler. How can I set up either GCC or MinGW's GCC to cross-compile to Mac OS X, without actually having a Mac computer?
I can borrow my sister-in-law's laptop to test my executables on it, but I don't want to actually compile anything on it, unless I can somehow set it up so all the headers and compilers are on a thumb drive, and when finished, not leaving a bunch of programming tools on her computer.

Any ideas?

I read that cross compiling to Apple computers is very difficult and buggy - is this still true? Does anyone here have a toolchain set up where they can simultaneously build Windows and Mac OS X executables? If so, how did you do it?

Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!