• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
serratemplar

VS2010 my app's title bar

This topic is 3074 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Simply put, how do I set it? Right now it's a string that I didn't create and I can't find where it is. I dug through Build Properties and poked in some other menus. I'm just not sure of where to look.

Seems simple enough, but it's eluded my Google-fu. Thanks in advance.

Advertisement
Not sure which languages/API's you're using but in the form editor you may be able to right-click and choose properties (if the properties window is not already opened) and set the 'Text' attribute for the form. There's also the SetWindowText function if you can't do it the above way.

Apologies; I'm using Visual Studio Express 2010 for C++. The titlebar is something like "SDL_App"; not sure how it got there (tho I bet SDL had something to do with it). I'll try SetWindowText, thank you.

EDIT: Now I just have to recall how to ask the window what it's handle is. <_< I've been letting SDL do all of the Windows stuff for me.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!