• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
dyd

help: SDL and Win x64 problem

This topic is 2994 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

i'm following this tutorial: http://sol.gfxile.net/gp/

i set up all but the program pops up a couple of dialog boxes like "DLL not found" then i have those errors

Loaded 'not_an_image', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ntdll32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
The program 'C:\sdl\ch2\gp\Debug\gp.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).

i have a windows xp 64 bit version

i've tried to copy SysWOW64\ntdll.dll to SysWOW64\ntdll32.dll but nothing changed

any hint?

Advertisement
Quote:
Original post by dyd
i set up all but the program pops up a couple of dialog boxes like "DLL not found" then i have those errors

Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\ntdll32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Loaded 'C:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\kernel32.dll', no matching symbolic information found.
Those aren't errors, that's Visual Studio telling you that ntdll32.dll and kernel32.dll don't have debug information in them (I.e. they're not debug versions of the DLLs, which is as you'd expect since you're not running a debug build of XP64).

The problem is more likely that you're missing some SDL DLLs. What SDL DLLs do you have in your program directory? And what is the exact error message? It should have the DLL that wasn't found in the message box (Possibly as the title)

Quote:
Original post by Evil Steve
Quote:
Original post by dyd

Those aren't errors, that's Visual Studio telling you that ntdll32.dll and kernel32.dll don't have debug information in them (I.e. they're not debug versions of the DLLs, which is as you'd expect since you're not running a debug build of XP64).

The problem is more likely that you're missing some SDL DLLs. What SDL DLLs do you have in your program directory? And what is the exact error message? It should have the DLL that wasn't found in the message box (Possibly as the title)

ok, thanks for the reply

the message is in italian, but it was referred to SDL.dll

and now i realized why it didnt work

following the tutorial made me save my project in a folder name ch1, but then visual studio created in another folder where placed the files, and this made the dll stand alone in a superior folder.

conclusion: now i placed the dll in the project folder and it worked :)

it worked once, now i moved to the putpixel lesson and after i added a few lines of code it says:

--------------------Configuration: gp - Win32 Debug--------------------
Linking...
SDL.dll : fatal error LNK1136: invalid or corrupt file
Error executing link.exe.

gp.exe - 1 error(s), 0 warning(s)

i tried to replace the dll but the problem persists

i tried also to download it again and replace, didn't work

right, in my previous attempt to make it work i mistakenly added the "SDL.dll" in the linking list.

thank you all again

now its working! =)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!