• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
valleyman86

Slinky animation/concept/design for a 2D game.

This topic is 2958 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok I want to make a game based around a slinky. The slinky being the main character...

Anyways the slinky cant simply be an animation because he needs to be about to move around (by slinky transportation).

Im having a hard time designing this though. Not sure what the best way to do this is. I can use chipmunk or box2d physics engines if I need to. I could write code to try and imitate a slinky but Im thinking it wouldn't be very diverse and may not work for my needs. For the sake of this topic lets say I want to make a slinky that can move left and right (platformer style) and he should be able to walk down steps (of various heights).

Anyone have some sort of idea/experience with this?

Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!