• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
ammar26

d3dx9d_43.dll missing problem

This topic is 3071 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I have created a Simple ID3DXFONT font and Draw some text. The Application works fine on my PC (Which has installed DirectX SDK) but when i try to run on other PC (user-end not having DirectX SDK but has DirectX Installed) it comes with an error

d3dx9d_43.dll is missing from your computer

I have googled it and came up with this answer

if you are missing d3dx9d_xx.dll files e.g. d3dx9d_41.dll these files are debug versions of the libraries for development purposes only. Nobody should be distributing these in an application. To use these you need the full developers DirectX SDK

I have no idea about these DLL files , i didn't include them by my own, how can i avoid them and use alternate libraries of DLL so that my application can be RUN on PCs that have not DirectX SDK installed

Help Please

Advertisement
You need to check for d3dx9d.lib in your project. For release builds you need to use d3dx9.lib.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!