• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
_korg

Programming Puzzles/Homework etc

This topic is 3017 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

I am trying to build up a better logical approach to solving problems in C++. Hence i am looking for some questions which would qualify for "Homework" or "Interview" Questions flagship. Examples of such questions include.

- Remove an element in Array/Vector (delete it)
- Sort an array.
- Remove duplicates from array.
- Reverse a string/recursively.
- Traverse a tree/list.
- Find highest sum in the sequence of array elements {1,2,-1,-5,4,6} i.e range indexes.

I.e in short problems which are easy to solve , yet have optimized solutions.

If some one has a book which presents such brainteasers , please let me know. All links are welcome as well.. I lack Googling skills so more or less i end up with the usual "Why copy constructor"

Cheers!

Advertisement
You'll probably want to go a bit beyond the above if you want questions that would qualify for "Homework/Interview". The examples you gave would be in-class excersizes mostly, they are quite trivial.

You need problems with a bit more "meat" to build up your technique. Have you tried Project Euler?

Project Euler looks fantastic ; I'll be honest, they do look a little out of my league.

As you said I guess i need to build from bottom up... and look at a little more simpler problems... I am willing to invest a deal of time to get this right.

I'll start cracking at project euler.. but would still prefer some class-work exercises :)

Cheers!

PS : I <3 GDNET and the inhabitants here. Honest!

Um...
May I suggest to make a game (without tutorials)? You'll face logical problems for sure

Hi szecs, thanks for your suggestion. I have already done so.I have tried my hand & succeeded at tetris ;)

Quote:
Original post by _korg
Hi szecs, thanks for your suggestion. I have already done so.I have tried my hand & succeeded at tetris ;)

Then go on to the next one. Or your dream project (if you have one)

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!