Sword Hero - Idea for an RPG Combat Mechanic

Started by
10 comments, last by MossStone 13 years, 9 months ago
It sounds like a combination of Bust a Move (the dancing game) with Zell's limit break move (in FF8). Your able to enter which combo you like, the harder the harder the hit.

I suggest looking in the Bust a Move game, they have a 4 secs beat so in < 4 secs you have to input all the moves then press the final button on queue on the 4th forth, you can translate some of them into attacks, where the opponent has the block in the next window (4th sec).

I feel your current system will default someone to being the attacker and one being the defender, making it feel like your one or the other, would rather design it so its smoother like a fighter game or with your current system?
-You can not determine what cards you draw, but you can determine how you play them.-My Programming Blog
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by Hoywolf
I suggest looking in the Bust a Move game, they have a 4 secs beat so in < 4 secs you have to input all the moves then press the final button on queue on the 4th forth, you can translate some of them into attacks, where the opponent has the block in the next window (4th sec).

I tried that to begin with, but it didn't quite feel right. It placed a lot more focus on remembering the moves and pressing buttons quickly rather than just following along and getting the timing right. Thanks for pointing me at Bust a Move/Groove, it's very useful to see lots of other games that do similar things.
Quote:Original post by Hoywolf
I feel your current system will default someone to being the attacker and one being the defender, making it feel like your one or the other, would rather design it so its smoother like a fighter game or with your current system?

Having one person the attacker and the other as the defender is entirely intentional. I'm hoping that I can make the transition from attacking to defending and vice versa feel as smooth as possible.
[Insert Witty Quote Here]

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement