• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
Imozeb

[web] How do I stop a flash movie from playing onload?

This topic is 2863 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How do I stop my flash movie from playing onload?

This is my code:

<object type="application/x-shockwave-flash" data="test.swf" width="640" height="480" id="movie"> <param name="movie" value="test.swf"/><param name="quality" value="high"/><param name="play" value="false" /><param name="loop" value="false" /><param name="wmode" value="opaque">You don’t seem to have flash player on your computer. Please click here to get it.<object>

Why isn't it working? I used the correct params right?

Thanks.

Advertisement
Try the param "autoplay" and set it to "false".

Another alternative would be to call a stop() in your timeline's first frame. If you code native flash (aka flex), you may want to prevent using the stage.addEventListener(Event.RENDER, ...) event.

Param autoplay did not work. It is a macromedia flash pro 8 game and I only have access to the flash movie (not the code). Any other ideas you think might work?

You can make a simple loader movie that 'manually' loads the target movie and embed that instead.
From there you will have full control over the playback.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!