• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
azpaul

Game Menu

This topic is 3017 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

I need advice for a game menu. I have a bunch of exe games that I bought and I want to launch them from a custom menu. The games will be broken down into categories like strategy, match 3 etc... Simple animation is desired for scrolling thumbnails of the games left and right with in each category..

Each game will be installed manually and in it's own directory. I was thinking if it is possible to load the thumbnails dynamically so I can have additional games installed.

Flash would be perfect for this type of application but due to OS security policies, launching an exe is very frowned upon and I have not been able to find a resolution to this date.

I am hoping someone here can help me and point me into the correct direction.

I am currently learning actionscript 3 and flash cs5.

Thanks. I look forward to your suggestions.

Regards!

Advertisement
if you making a menu is just for loading some exe games, you can make a simple win32 application and in the application you can easily invoke some windows api to load your exe games, i don't think it is a good choise to use flash to do it, although using flash can easily make a beatiful look.

Quote:
Original post by g-force game engine
if you making a menu is just for loading some exe games, you can make a simple win32 application and in the application you can easily invoke some windows api to load your exe games, i don't think it is a good choise to use flash to do it, although using flash can easily make a beatiful look.

Thanks for the reply. What is typically used to make a win32 app to invoke the windows api?

My goal is to make it sharp, stunning and beautiful and that's why I was hoping for flash. But, I have not found anything that has been helpful or has worked to this date.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!