• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Game Menu

This topic is 2774 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello,

I need advice for a game menu. I have a bunch of exe games that I bought and I want to launch them from a custom menu. The games will be broken down into categories like strategy, match 3 etc... Simple animation is desired for scrolling thumbnails of the games left and right with in each category..

Each game will be installed manually and in it's own directory. I was thinking if it is possible to load the thumbnails dynamically so I can have additional games installed.

Flash would be perfect for this type of application but due to OS security policies, launching an exe is very frowned upon and I have not been able to find a resolution to this date.

I am hoping someone here can help me and point me into the correct direction.

I am currently learning actionscript 3 and flash cs5.

Thanks. I look forward to your suggestions.

Regards!

Advertisement
if you making a menu is just for loading some exe games, you can make a simple win32 application and in the application you can easily invoke some windows api to load your exe games, i don't think it is a good choise to use flash to do it, although using flash can easily make a beatiful look.

Quote:
Original post by g-force game engine
if you making a menu is just for loading some exe games, you can make a simple win32 application and in the application you can easily invoke some windows api to load your exe games, i don't think it is a good choise to use flash to do it, although using flash can easily make a beatiful look.

Thanks for the reply. What is typically used to make a win32 app to invoke the windows api?

My goal is to make it sharp, stunning and beautiful and that's why I was hoping for flash. But, I have not found anything that has been helpful or has worked to this date.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement