YoVille Style MMOs

Started by
2 comments, last by EmpireProductions 13 years, 9 months ago
Just wondering what you guys thought were the most important aspects of YoVille and Club Penguin style MMOs. I am trying to put together a list of features that I should spend the most amount of my time working on. So far I have character customization working. It will need new clothes, eyes, hair, ect added but I have a few of each. Below is a render of the female avatar and how the avatars are broken up:

Here is a couple screenshots showing the character creation screen in game:

I also have a Inventory system started but I have to add the Server side Database code to get inventory items from the database and the networking code to the inventory system so it all works. The game will be zone based with each zone holding about 60 to 70 people. Other things I am working on include Player Apartments and a few mini-games for the prototype. Once the prototype is finished I will be posting a help wanted add here to try and get some help with 3D models and more items that can be bought in game.
In Development:Rise of Heros: MORPG - http:www.riseofheroesmmo.com
Advertisement
So no one has any ideas for me? Ok so then lets talk about Mini-games. Any one have any ideas for educational non-violent mini-games that could be added?
I would recommend progression. That's what people look for in MORPG's. That and the interactions with others. So, the ability to edit apartment housing, clothes, and such are needed. Make it so more and more fancy stuff may be acquired as they continue playing. And you cite Club Penguin and YoVille, so I would assume the game is F2P with paying for bonus features? Then I would make sure that the bonuses are worth their money.

As for mini-games, look at color-matching, counting, and reflex type games. Education may not be the best word for want I think you meant. Do you mean those fun, little activities, such as the cooking in YoVille?
No I meant educational. There will be some fun little pretty much pointless mini-games with no educational value just something to pass the child's time but I want plenty of educational games as well. The game will be targeting kids from ages 9 and up so there needs to be a wide selection of games for all age groups. My vision for this game is that it's something the whole family could sit down together and safely play with out worrying about the contents of the game (violence, sexually suggestive content, bad language, ect).

For bad language there is a strict "bad word" filter with automatic warning and banning system that after 3 warnings will ban the offending player. We will also be logging all communication and doing checks from time to time for words players could be using to get around the bad word filter and for any inappropriate conversations.

It is my goal to do anything needed to establish a safe learning environment for the players yet at the same time keep it relaxed enough that the players can enjoy them selves.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement