• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
janjanjan

Boost on VC++ 2010

This topic is 3045 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey!

i´m realy interestet to get Boost Serialization working for my programs load/save routines so i downloaded boost_1_43_0 from the boost homepage...

i followed the instructions and installed everything by:

bootstrap
./bjam

as written in "Getting started.."

now I added the include path tho my project and intellisense works so i guess the libs are "out there" :)

when i tried compiling i got

1>LINK : fatal error LNK1104: Datei "boost_serialization-vc100-mt-gd-1_43.lib" kann nicht geöffnet werden.
// in in english: cannot open file ...

when I searched for the file in the include dir i only found the file without "-gd-" in it's filename... the getting started guide says somthing about the "-d-" in the filename but "-gd-" is not mentioned... and even if it would be - i cant get a clue out of it....

thanks for your help
jan

Advertisement
bjam debug release toolset=msvc-10.0 address-model=32 threading=single,multi link=static runtime-link=static,shared

This is kind of my catchall command. It will produce pretty much all of the libraries for any compile you have. It will take over 2 gigs when all is said and done.

If you need 64-bit libraries too, you'll need to move all of the files to a seperate directory and change address-model=32 to address-model=64. You need to move them, because the file names don't make any distinction between the 32 and 64 bit versions.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

We are the game development community.

Whether you are an indie, hobbyist, AAA developer, or just trying to learn, GameDev.net is the place for you to learn, share, and connect with the games industry. Learn more About Us or sign up!

Sign me up!