• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Space Trucker - 2d space shooter

This topic is 2778 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Space Trucker is a classic 2d shooter with 5 different levels, meteor showers, enemy formations, online highscore, multiple profiles and lots of different boss encounters.
The game was developed by 4 1st year computer science students including myself and overall it took about 6-7 months. There are lots of things which could have been done better of course but generally we are proud of our work and enjoyed learning c++ and working with the clanlib game sdk :)
Feedback is appreciated and if you have questions, feel free to ask!

Download:
http://tinyurl.com/36pkxby

Videos:
Release Version:
">

Older Version:
">

Screenshots:

Advertisement
I just played it and it's actually really good!

I imagine a game like that with more weapon/enemy/levels diversity, a bit of polishing on the textures (animations perhaps), more control to the player ship and some extras like collectibles or perhaps a shop and this game could actually become a commercial money-making game over Xbox Live/Steam. Of course, now we can see you made this game to learn and the engine have some flaws, but it still makes a great demo for your portfolio later.

Since you used ClanLib, and since ClanLib use SDL, I guess you only used the 2d surface/blitting part of it? No OpenGL?

Oh, and you might want to remove that Little Big Planet dummy on the start of the second level if you don't want to be sued :).

Thank you for your feedback :)

Quote:
Original post by Dunge
I imagine a game like that with more weapon/enemy/levels diversity, a bit of polishing on the textures (animations perhaps), more control to the player ship and some extras like collectibles or perhaps a shop and this game could actually become a commercial money-making game over Xbox Live/Steam. Of course, now we can see you made this game to learn and the engine have some flaws, but it still makes a great demo for your portfolio later.

Yeah, some of the additional features were planned but we dropped them due to time issues because we wanted to finish in time. We're already working on our next project which is about 3d and Xna :)

Quote:
Original post by Dunge
Since you used ClanLib, and since ClanLib use SDL, I guess you only used the 2d surface/blitting part of it? No OpenGL?

As far as I know only the 2d surface/blitting yes.

Quote:
Original post by Dunge
Oh, and you might want to remove that Little Big Planet dummy on the start of the second level if you don't want to be sued :).

This was some sort of easteregg, it's actually activated when pressing ctrl.
We already thought about removing it but instead we took our own photo from the sackboy figure instead of the official image. I hope we don't get sued hehe... the game is free xD

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement