First time using threads. Am I doing it correctly?

Started by
24 comments, last by Kylotan 13 years, 9 months ago
no, just a "boost" directory and nothing else (Except the files of Boost.Build which I copied in there a few minutes ago)

The documentation said that I only need this one folder. I will look if I still have the other ones (I really think I've seem them somewhere)

EDIT: Oh no! I formated my HDD a couple moths ago. I guess I have to re-download them. [sad]
Advertisement
Normally you just unzip boost to some directory, then step into the directory that contains the files and folders mentioned and then invoke bjam with the specified parameters. You shouldn't have to delete or move anything around.
The procedure for building Boost under Windows is quite straightforward. Download and unzip the source archive. In the root folder, named boost_1_43_0 or similar, run the "bootstrap" batch file. That should build bjam. With that done, run bjam.exe from the same directory (it should have appeared when bootstrap finished). With that done, you should have a bin.v2 directory. Go deep into that tree, and you'll find your library.
Quote:
Download and unzip the source archive.

This will take a whole day, wohoo [grin]

EDIT: 45MB to go, see you tomorrow.
I got the library to build now, thanks to Windryder for his explanation!

But I have a heavy FPS decrease when my worker thread does work. How can I put it to my second CPU-core? It would be the only thing running there...
You don't decide which core it runs on - the operating system does that. Manually pushing it onto another core is hardly ever necessary. It's most likely that there's an inefficiency in how you are handling the locking.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement