Glut stopped working! I need help!

Started by
2 comments, last by Mr_Bribe 22 years, 8 months ago
#&@%#*%#(@ Oh F***************************CK!!!!! This is brutal. I decided to try out nvidias new opengl sdk, so I downloaded it and went about installing it. I replaced the old copies of glut32.dll, opengl32.dll, and glu32.dll in my windows/system directory with the new ones in the sdk. I rebooted and tried running my current glut project, it gave me an error box saying "The project5.exe file is linked to a missing export GLUT32.DLL:glutCreatWindow." and then another one saying "A device attached to the system is not functioning". So I reinstalled the old dll''s I was using and rebooted, but I get the same thing when I open ANY glut app!! Unfortunatly, my productivity drops to zero without glut so its super important to get it working again! I''ve tried everything, Reinstalling my video card drivers, doing a virus scan, everything!!! Not only can I not run any of the cool glut programs floating around the web, I can''t even run a glut app the worked three hours ago! Any help at all would be wonderful! If it any help, Here what I''me using: WinMe, geforce2 mx400 32mb, p4 1300mhz, 128mb ram.
Advertisement
Hi,
Had the same problem, rectified it be removing the glut files and reinstalling the visual studio edition and then adding the old glut files again.

Yes it is brutal, wonder what caused it though. Ofcourse at first I thought the new glut files had a bug, but it does not seem to be the case coz I have the new glut files working now, I put them after I did a complete format and reinstall of windows.

Hello from my world
Thank you a hundred times! I''m back in business!

You''ve saved my computer from flying out the window!
did u try here http://www.xmission.com/%7Enate/glut.html

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement