Window dimension causes distortion

Started by
2 comments, last by Mussi 13 years, 9 months ago
Hey guys,

Wondering how can I prevent my sphere from becoming 'wider' when I change my window app size from 800 X 600 to 1360 X 768? And why?

This is with a 800 X 600 size.

And this is with a 1360 X 768 size? You can see in this image the Earth is fatter or wider...

Ideally, I would like the sphere to be not 'wider' while still having the extra screen space.

It looks as if the sphere is 'wider' to fill the extra space provided by the larger window size.

I don't know... anyone able tell me why and how to keep sphere normal looking size.

2nd question...
I am going to attempt to use an index buffer.
With the texture coords, that doesn't change? I still based my texels on the vertices in my vertex buffer as normal?

Thanks a million for helping previously :)
Advertisement
You need to change the size of your back-buffer as well, otherwise this kind of stretching will occur.

[Edit] No need to do anything with the texture coordinates when using index-buffers.
w/ my OpenGL framework i use a gluPerspective() function for keep the perspective when the window is resized, i'll take a look at the function code tonight.
---------------------------------
FAR Colony http://farcolony.blogspot.com/
Ah yeah, you'll also need to adjust your perspective matrix for the new dimensions.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement