• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

DirectSound problem

This topic is 2770 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi everyone

I've a question regarding DirectSound, I use VS 2008 & Managed DX, how can I change my sound volume? (wav file), I have a plane that flies around the globe, this plane can be viewed by a free camera, I want to change the plane sound volume based on camera-plane distance, how can I do it?

what is the available range for BufferChannel.Volume? I think it is between -1 and -9999, is it OK? how can I mute my sound? is there any sample showing this feature? is there any obligation to use 3d sound? I get strange results when using SetVolume.

thanks

Advertisement
I'm not familiar with MDX, but, in C++, the sound needs to be created with DSBCAPS_CTRLVOLUME. Do you do that (or its equivalent)?

Quote:
I get strange results when using SetVolume

How strange ? Does it crash ?

Or do you hear clicks or similar ? This can happen if you change it too fast, in that case you alter the wave-form in way it is hearable. If you do it slowly enough, i.e. gradually changing to a desired value, it should work.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement