Where did all the interesting discussions go?

Started by
33 comments, last by guywithknife 13 years, 8 months ago
PouyaCat!!!

Hodgman!!! Actually I don't remember you. I'm sorry. Are you in that place that doesn't exist?

Quote:Original post by szecs
Q: How come the OP can start threads/post posts banned?

A: magic

Seriously though... I feel like trolling, but it doesn't even seem worth it anymore. SO I guess I'll kick it off with something useful... What are you guys working on? Any cool groundbreaking games/projects out there?
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by nes8bit
Hodgman!!! Actually I don't remember you. I'm sorry. Are you in that place that doesn't exist?
How could I be - it doesn't exist, poppet.
I'm working on a website simulation engine. A game actually. The backstory is that you (the player) renamed your username after your wife and kids were killed in a horrible flamewar, but you're considering going back to your original superhero being as a new menace has been released on the website: a troll... who has forgotten how to troll. It's really a tragic tale of forbidden love and bittersweet melancholy of times past. I won't reveal the end, but I can tell you that love will prevail.

My game will have a sex scene like all good movies do. Also, the kiss is left to the end and in the course of the third act dramatic flip (build-up to the culmination), a moderator will have to choose between saving his mother and all the users of the website. It's really quite exciting.

It will be released on Steam AD 18.11.2010!
Hodgman is working on Fongerchat 2.0

(And in case anyone cares, I'm working on this and lots of stuff unrelated to games)
You guys ban me for 5 years and I come back and everything is dead. What gives!?

Where did everyone go? :(

I'm here. And I've been twice as busy making a mess of the lounge since you left.

Damn. U banned again. *sigh*
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
SO I guess I'll kick it off with something useful... What are you guys working on? Any cool groundbreaking games/projects out there?

Ugh. Work has landed me in a definatly not-very-gamedevvish job of being an evil consultant type.

Other than work, I enjoy writing backstories for games with interesting enemies and memorable NPC allies. Not computer related though; pen and paper dungeon master here. xD

As for ground-braking (pun intended) programming projects: working on my own general translation engine xD Ambitious, ain't it? But I got a good grasp on a nice virtual lingua franca and think it is possible. Aim for the stars!

Let's see, 5 years ago I would have just graduated college and then gotten my first job. Since then, I:

Dodged a bullet and quit my job before they made me move to Illinois.

Vacationed in Scotland, twice.

Worked on simulations of industrial lifting cranes.

Totaled my car.

Nearly didn't return from a vacation trip to the deserts around Los Vegas. Very pretty.

Moved to the Philadelphia area.

Contributed to the HOPE Conference AMD Badge Project. I did a lot of the data design for how different games were going to work off of the collected data. Honestly though, that was a complete cluster eff. Their project manager was a total tool.

I'm now developing a course curriculum for a class on database programming that I'm going to run at my local hackerspace.

Also, in planning stages on a cheap, solar powered, water desalination system.

For work, I'm developing an inventory tracking system intended to find anomalies in drug sales rep activity to find out if they are crooks involved in the illegal drug trade.

I'm also in the planning stages for a microbrewery with one of my best friends. Eventually plan to open my own gastro pub in connection to it.

[Formerly "capn_midnight". See some of my projects. Find me on twitter tumblr G+ Github.]

So, I was sitting here reading this thread, drinking orange juice, when I found there was a giant ball of fuzz stuck to the bottom of my glass.

It didn't bother me.

Carry on.
Quote:Original post by Programmer One
So, I was sitting here reading this thread, drinking orange juice, when I found there was a giant ball of fuzz stuck to the bottom of my glass.

It didn't bother me.

Carry on.

Was it made of male's pubic hair? Otherwise it's alright.

EDIT: BTW
">here is a version of how nes8bit got banned from gamedev.
[size="2"]I like the Walrus best.
wat.
This is my signature. There are many like it, but this one is mine. My signature is my best friend. It is my life. I must master it as I must master my life. My signature, without me, is useless. Without my signature, I am useless.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement