More Mod Sites!

Started by
1 comment, last by Michael.Van 22 years, 8 months ago
Quake1 mod sites 1.First you shall make levels (1) www.qoole.com Qoole is a good Quake level editor (2) www.planetquake.com/worldcraft/index2 Worldcraft1.6 is also a good Quake level editor And there is a good tutorial at this site (3)For other editors,you can check out Quark,etc. 2.OK,now you''ve choosen an editor,get some tutorials (1) www.quakelab.com A must-to site with lots of usefull stuff! (2)For more,visit www.planetquake.com/quake1/hosted/editing (3)Goto forums frequently,i.e. Planetquake Forums It''ll be useful to a newbie 3.But making mods is more than mapping(make sure you or one of your friends can create excellent levels!),the second thing your team shall know is to add custom textures&models(you don''t know what they are?well thwn visit planetquake for beginner''s information),resource on texturing,modeling can also be found there. 4. Coding,without coding,without a mod,to use custom monsters,weapons,you must learn how to code,well in Quake you can use QuakeC to do it. Check out Openquake(i''ve forgot the adress,just search it at yahoo) 5.Well,you''ve got so much things to do now(order more Chinese food now!),if you want to make your Mod better,please play as much as you could,and I suggest you find friends to help you. Halflife Mod 1.Mapping sites (1)halflife.design.net, a good site with tutorials,editors... (2)www.wavelength.com, also a good site. *most mappers use Worldcraft 3.3 (3)http://www.valve-erc.com/, Mmmm,good site. (4)Qoole can also edit HL maps 2----5,texturing,modeling,coding (1)www.wadfather.com for making textures (2)For others,check out at www.planethalflife.com or halflife.design.net (3) I suggest you download HL:SDK 2.0(full) if you really want to make a God-like Mod! It can be downloaded at www.wavelength.com(70+Mb) Final words: To make good Mods,you must play as much as you can, and you shall have a mature team,that''s all,have fun,remember,creating things are really fun! E-mail to me if you want zhangfan4590@sina.com
Advertisement
OpenQuake = http://www.telefragged.com/openquake
I should know, I occasionally post news there, and worked on an engine mod
-----------------------"When I have a problem on an Nvidia, I assume that it is my fault. With anyone else's drivers, I assume it is their fault" - John Carmack
Thanks Michael!

I''m glad you took the time to list all those sites. I''ll run them down myself and add them to the resources section asap! If you know anyone who''d like to write an article for us here at GameDev, just tell him/her to come here and click on the Write For Us link at the bottom of the page. We''re still looking for some articles!

I wish you had given this thread a different name than the last -people may think it''s a double-post (I was about to delete it!)

==============================
"Need more eeenput..."
- #5, "Short Circuit"
==============================

Drew Sikora
Executive Producer
GameDev.net

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement