• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
adder_noir

Blender UV Coords vs DirectX Coords

This topic is 3034 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi,

Is it possible these can be different? I exported a model to unity from blender and it showed textures up well, yet when I use my own mesh format (checked several times) and render in DirectX the textures are carped.

Is it possible blender uses say some sort of left to right reference and direct x uses a right to left or something like that? Does anyone think I might need to write conversion code - could it be that simple?

All help greatly received and voted up as always ;o)

Advertisement
I've exported textured meshes from Blender and loaded them into my Direct3D renderer with no issues.

You might simply need to set U or V to -U or -V. I have had similar things happen, depending on the exporter. Also make sure your model is rendered correctly with front and back faces, so that you're not looking at the inside of your model. The coordinate system might be different, which can cause the model to be rendered "inside out".

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!