Exporting to .x format

Started by
9 comments, last by ankhd 13 years, 7 months ago
So i have found a 3dsmax model on the web on a free site and i have 2 plugins , kw-port and panda exporter, i have exported 2 versions of the model to .x using the 2 exporters, when i load the model in the device nothing is apearing at all????,i am confused to why ....and if i export say a basic cube i made in 3dsmax that shows up fine etc...
:)
Advertisement
try to load that model in dxViewer that comes with dxsdk
if it shows there correctly then error is in ur code
wild guess:
rendering only first subset of the mesh instead of all
invalid VB/IB
shader and mesh differs by structure
your sdk is very old and loader sdk(dll) is much newer which causes confict in .x mesh
you don't check loadmeshfromx hresult
Crazy dude smoking D3D11, AngelScript, PhysX, 3D Sound, Network, DB, FBX, and some other weird things, doing that on Visual Studio 2010 + Visual Assist X on Overclocked CPU
dosent seem to load in the dx viewer?, if upload the model here does someone think they could try to convert to .x ...it must be something todo with the model settings or something
if it does't load in viewer it means that either exporter is too old or broken or u set some very invalid settings, does viewer just crashes or doesn't show anything?
Crazy dude smoking D3D11, AngelScript, PhysX, 3D Sound, Network, DB, FBX, and some other weird things, doing that on Visual Studio 2010 + Visual Assist X on Overclocked CPU
no there is no crash,just nothingness..
of loader loads with no problems, problem could be with
scale[it's too big or it's too smal and u just can't c it], try rescaling it in max,
if model has animation maybe it got destroyd by that exporter[it happens often] or ruined in some way
nope its a static mesh with no bones or animation sets.., i think maybe it could be the position of the model in max thats not right...
In .x format how to export your animations with names?
http://mateusvitali.wordpress.com/
x form supports multiple animations, but 3ds max doesn't, as far as i know u can export only 1 animation from max at time, u set her name in the exporter settings in animation[k-x port]
if it's static mesh i think the scale or matrix is at fault, try uploading it
PIX! It shows you exactly what your program is attempting to render by both listing draw calls and visualizing rendered mesh in wireframe.

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft DirectX SDK (June 2010)\Utilities\bin\x64\PIXWin.exe

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement