Best book for 3d Math and graphics?

Started by
8 comments, last by Digitalfragment 13 years, 7 months ago
Im looking for a book in which I can learn the basics of 3D maths and matrix, and where I can learn, how to apply them to graphics(which matrix does each thing,...)

Many thanks

Advertisement
I have a copy of Mathematics for 3D Game Programming & Computer Graphics by Eric Lengyel. It covers everything from the basic projection, vector math, matrices, and then covers advanced things like collision, visibility determination, physics, fluids, lighting, etc...

I do have trouble with some of the symbols and notations used, but that's my fault, and explaining them would be beyond the scope of the book.

ok many thanks

But does it cover maths with shaders, matrix and so on??

Im having troubles understanding matrix with shaders, i dont know why inverse matrix are supposed to be used, why are they multiplied to others and so on

Many thanks
If you're using OpenGL, you might want to try OpenGL Shading Language (3rd Edition). It's all shaders, all the time. Mostly practice, little theory.

My main reference book is 3D Math Primer for Games and Graphics Development. This one is half theory and half practice (it's not OpenGL/DirectX-specific), and it's an awesome compendium of equations. Tons of code included.
Many thanks

Now i have some questions, i understand what each matrix does, but, why do we use in shaders the inverse matrix?? what does it mean?
if a matrix transforms A to B, then the inverse of this matrix transforms B to A
you need this behavior for certain tasks.

hth
This is my favorite!
Lot`s of complex math made easy, and atleast page of info for every
technique in CG history!

Real-Time Rendering, Third Edition!

/Tyrian
Quote:Original post by TyrianFin
This is my favorite!
Lot`s of complex math made easy, and atleast page of info for every
technique in CG history!

Real-Time Rendering, Third Edition!

/Tyrian

I second this. Real Time Rendering is by far the best book I ever got on the subject.
Real time rendering is brilliant for ecuations

But it doesnt show very much about matrixs
As far as the math groundwork goes, i second 3D Math Primer for Games and Graphics Development.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement