• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
cazec274

Game Idea... Looking for feedback

This topic is 3031 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Ok on my free time I have been thinking of a mmorpg, that hasnt been done before. I came up with a basic idea and see what the community thought of it.

At the beginning of the game you would start off as a caveman. You would learn basic skills and train them up. During this time you would also learn how to make basic things like fire and stuff like that. As your character ages and you go through quest you will begin to change ages. When you change ages, more items and quest will be available for you. The special thing about the game will be with crafting. When you do enter a different age in time more items will be available to create. Say you goto create a new sword for that age, and no one ingame has created it yet. You would have a very difficult time trying to create the item, but if you are the first ever to create the item ingame then your chances become very high to create the item. Other will have a higher chance to create the item also, but you will have the highest chance.

Its just a basic idea for now, just wanted some feedback to see what yall thought.

Advertisement
Sounds Interesting, I would play the game if it were developed.

I like the concept of a MMORPG that is not focused on combat, I would also implement a social envirnment, and perhaps market it as not only a crafting MMO but a Social MMO. I've read in XNA Game Programing Book, that in 2009 (or was it 2008) that family entertainment and people older then 23 were the leading market in games bought and played... Your game does sound like a Family Game, but thats just what it sounds like to me.

Keep up the designing.

Yea there will be pvp to. Say your in the bronze age now, but no one make a better weapon yet, you might have awsome armor and still be using stones and stuff for weapons. I want it to have a big deal to do with pvp and crafting.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

GameDev.net is your game development community. Create an account for your GameDev Portfolio and participate in the largest developer community in the games industry.

Sign me up!