Getting a texture from a renderbuffer

Started by
1 comment, last by LordSputnik 13 years, 7 months ago
I've got a renderbuffer (DepthStencil) in an FBO and I need to get a texture from it. I can't have both a DepthComponent texture and a DepthStencil renderbuffer in the FBO, it seems, so I need some way to convert the renderbuffer to a DepthComponent texture after I'm done with it for use later down the pipeline.

I've tried plenty of techniques to grab the depth component from the renderbuffer for weeks but I always come out with junk. All I want at the end is the same texture I'd get from an FBO if I wasn't using a renderbuffer. Can anyone post some comprehensive instructions or code that covers this seemingly simple operation?
Advertisement
bind a texture for the DepthComponet of the FBO and a Renderbuffer for the Stencil part??
Hey,

As far as I know, there's no way to access the data stored in a RenderBuffer. If you want a to obtain a texture, simply bind a texture instead of the renderbuffer, like so:

//Generating the texture.glGenTextures(1,&texture]);glBindTexture(GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture);glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MIN_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);glTexParameteri(GL_TEXTURE_2D, GL_TEXTURE_MAG_FILTER, GL_LINEAR);glTexImage2D(GL_TEXTURE_2D, 0, GL_DEPTH24_STENCIL8, 1024, 1024, 0, GL_DEPTH_STENCIL, GL_UNSIGNED_INT_24_8, NULL);

//Set Up FBO here, then...glFramebufferTexture2D(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_DEPTH_ATTACHMENT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture, 0);glFramebufferTexture2D(GL_FRAMEBUFFER, GL_STENCIL_ATTACHMENT, GL_TEXTURE_2D, texture, 0);

Then you can read from the texture as if it were any other.

Hope this helps,

Sput

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement